Our government leadership coaching programs are customized to concentrate on the business requirements of our government clients. Our goals are to provide access to experienced professional coaches with expertise in the areas of governance, leadership, and the organizational needs of government initiatives. We have aligned our methodologies around the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) as published by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). The ECQs are required for entry to the Senior Executive Service, used by many departments and agencies in the performance management and leadership development for executive positions.
With our assistance, both governmental and military organizations will add strengths to their leadership and department teams with:
- Identification and cultivation of the untapped leadership potential in the human talent you currently have
- Creation of strategies for succession planning, developing the next generation of leaders
- Integration and management of the multicultural and multi-generational workforces
- Enhancement of collaboration competencies between functional teams for timely deliverables
- Establishing the rules of engagement for virtual project teams, improving performance
- Identification of conflict and alternative dispute resolution policies so that are treated in fair processes
We provide leadership and team assessments with a host of instruments to determine baseline managerial competence and critical thinking processes, and to monitor progress after the coaching relationship. We encourage subsequent evaluation sessions after coaching engagements to gauge growth and identify the changes in individual leadership behavior.
Diversity & Inclusion
First impressions of diversity and inclusion in the workplace are rated the same. They are not. 70% of corporations today will clearly state that diversity doesn’t achieve inclusion. The two biggest reasons are:
- Lack of consistent interviewing and hiring practices, due to individual manager bias; and,
- Department leaders tend to focus on individuals, not the interpersonal dynamics that are needed to grow a ‘social fabric’ in multicultural environments.
We can help your organization define:
- Leadership behavior for recruitment practices, career paths for staff, and promotion standards,
- Group processes that are not window dressing. Identify those group processes that will be seen as belonging to the workgroup, not one individual; and,
- The company processes for benchmarking and measuring data of the characteristics of a truly diverse work culture including, veterans, women, disabled, and remote workers.
Why Hire an ICF Coach?
Certification from the International Coach Federation (ICF) is extremely important when considering hiring a coach. Credentialing from the ICF is rigorous and stipulates that the coach:
- Has received professional training from a program specifically designed to teach coaching skills in alignment with the ICF Competencies
- Has demonstrated a proficient understanding and use of the coaching competencies as outlined by the ICF
- Is accountable to the ethics and standards set forth by the ICF
The ICF is a consortium of professional coaches and organizations that have joined under it’s auspices to shape and govern the profession of coaching. Many who call themselves coaches have not been formally trained in specific coaching skills that distinguish it from other professions and are transferring non coaching skill sets from other professions into their coaching. Often this results in an inadequate or ineffective coaching experience for clients.
In addition to the ‘practice hours’, certification includes written and oral exams and the agreement to adhere to the Code of Ethics established by the ICF.
Don’t be deceived to think any coach is a competent coach because they have other professional credentials or have established high fees.
Subscribe to our monthly E-Newsletter now and receive the free report “Multitasking & the Tradeoffs”. Don’t miss an issue!
“In a free society, government reflects the soul of its people. If people want change at the top, they will have to live in different ways. Our major social problems are not the cause of our decadence. They are a reflection of it. ”
– Cal Thomas